Thursday 4 October 2012

Mtown

Mtown is the short form of Mushin, a sub-hub in Lagos state, my friends and i gave it that name to Funkilize it and make it less razz. In Mtown we lived in a dusty old four story building with 66 long steps that will take you to our prestigious pent-house that is filled with all the cripping and crawlings that you can't imagine. Myself and four other girls shared a mighty room, don't get it twisted, its a five bedroom pent-house, with plenty of space but because of our laziness we cleaned out only one room and we started staying there.


  I lived with Yetunde and her sister 2mo, then 2mo's friend Toyin joined us, and Yetunde's friend Seun the OPC baby. AAAhhhh those sweet days in Mtown!! I remember every time i told a guy i stayed in Mushin and he goes OMG and i get really defensive! The sweet mushin Amala, iya shakis rice ah!! sweet memories. Anyhoo on this particular day i went out on one of my futile quest to get a job, i got offered a modelling job, to be the face of a new rat poison!! like seriously?? do you know the people that buy rat poison?? definitely not the rich!! The pay was disgustingly low, i was extremely angry and very hungry because i refused to eat the cold meat/fish fried pie and the bottle of very hot cocacola that was served at the rat poison meeting. I thought to my self, why won't they offer me that ridiculous job when i filled Mushin as my home address. I can bet my left breast they checked all our addresses before they picked the new face of a rat poison!!SMH. I was very angry, i got into my car and drove home. I was extremely tired with a lot of thoughts playing ten ten in my head, i branched off at the Amala place, oh Amala, my sweet Amala. I bought the Amala and i drove straight home before the tin go cold, i can't shout. When i got home all my home Gees were home, it was around 8pm there was no electricity, NEPA has done it again i thought to myself. When i got upstairs, Seun my weird friend was getting ready to sleep, usually before Seun sleeps she washes all her dirty clothes, takes her evening ritual bath, applies dusting powder to her whole body walks around the house bare footed and stark naked, then she cleans out her bed space by flinging all the sand on her bed in our faces!! Idiot. Then she warns Angel my dog vehemently not to come near her bed. Yetunde on the other hand is usually eluded by sleep, she hates texting but na she text pass for this life. She was busy typing, deleting and murmuring all at the same time at her poor phone. Toyin ah Toyin. Toyin just got back from church, she sings in the church choir, she has a very powerful voice, she was busy folding her dirty sweaty clothes neatly into her dirty stuff bag, then she usually forgets to have her bath then sleeps off with all her make up on. Like seriously who does that?? 2mo is just scattered she forgets money every where, and on this night she was busy using her phone as a torch light looking for some lost money. I strolled into the house trying to be gay and happy, Angel my dog greeted me with her new 360 degrees turn trick, i opened my Amala, and started eating in that dark room then Seun screamed AYAN!!!(cockroach) we quickly scrambled to get some thing to kill it, the roach was flying around scarily, in the process Yetunde switched on the flash of her phone, we were all armed with different types of shoe to murder the pest then it occurred to me to close my precious Amala before the cockroach flies into my food. The thing reappeared and we threw all our missiles at it to no avail!!! Shit!!! then at that point my phone rang, i cleared my throat to make way for my sexy voice. I picked my phone, batted my eye lashes and all of a sudden the roach landed on my fore arm *EYE POPPING, SCREAMS* and i screamed into the receiver HELLO AYAN!!!!! (hello cockroach). We did not kill the roach, we searched for it to no avail, 2mo left the house, she slept in her lover's house, Toyin went to sleep in her friends house, Yetunde, Seun and i was tormented all through the night by the thought of the roach hiding under one of our pillows. END 

14 comments:

  1. hello roach..... lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u can imagine... face of rat poison... totally outrageous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahah...this babe is hilarious!!! I'm going to become a regular visitor here

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAF WAN FINISH ME, HELLO AYAN FOR MTOWN. TUWALE GBOGBO BIS GIRLZ MUSIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. your friends will kill you when they read this,lmfao
    this is hilarious
    sweets the rat poison model, Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete
  6. U've got to be kidding me...:D. Face of a rat poison..lwkmd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!

    You are soooooo hilarious! from face of "rat poison" to "hello cockroach"...only you. I hope the person wasn't offended sha? Please tell us ooo.

    Pele..That was a really horrible day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dis geh u no go kill persin... i could not help but laugh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings...
    funny.....one small roach 5 women, lol, lol, lol, all of you not only outnumber it but bigger by demensions and you were all quaking in your skins. I can hear the roach laughing....

    thanks for sharing. worth the trip, made me laugh.

    stay blessed.
    Rhapsody
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447805618605108.130147.357513664300971&type=1
    http://s599.photobucket.com/profile/rhapsodeez
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really made me laugh!!!! I feel your trauma when you couldn't locate the roach - I have a phobia for roaches too

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'HELLO AYAN!' That part totally killed me. Too funny!

    www.midecoker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all, I'm glad I can make you all laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael Onikoyi-Deckon4 March 2013 at 08:53

    When you have 53 write-ups, we're definitely shooting a whole season!

    ReplyDelete