Tuesday 13 November 2012

Daisy

 Daisy when she was a pup
 Daisy and i
 She loves playing with socks
 She destroys shoes



 Daisy and her mum Angel





 Daisy and i
 Daisy the chairlady
 Daisy and Tumo
 Daisy and her sister Duchess
Daisy was my love dog, she was one of the first litter of my beautiful dog Angel. Angel had five puppies and daisy came out last, she was the smallest of all the pups and she was the funniest. She had a natural split when she was growing up, her hind legs would split apart when ever she tried to walk and she would drag it along probably because she was too lazy to walk properly or the legs would just not yield. Daisy was born on the 26th of January, she was a mixed breed, she was a Bichon Frise, poodle and Lhasa Apso. I named her daisy because growing up i had a bingo called daisy whom i loved with all my heart.  I gave Daisy to the love of my life, he fell in love with her because of her clumsiness and natural split hind legs. This is painful, very painful. Some of you may laugh at me for going on and on about a dog, but she was a sweet heart and she used to keep me company. I feel so empty with out my daisy. May be i am being too hard on my self but i feel responsible for her death in a very funny way.

On the 9th of November, last week friday, i wanted to take her to work, i did not want to live her by her self in the house for unknown reasons, but Ifeanyi asked for permission to take her to visit her friends that stay two streets away from ours, which i agreed to. When i got back from work on that Friday, Daisy was not barking and i was wondering why, I quickly dismissed it and concluded that she had gone to visit her friends. I opened the door and found my dog gasping for air and jerking seriously, i ran to her rescue, she was looking into my eyes and crying in pain, she was in a pool of Otapiapia, a local insecticide which only Ifeanyi believed in, there was foam like spittle around her mouth. I quickly called my vet Toyin who told me she was not in town but i should pour palm oil into her mouth. I rushed to the kitchen, only to discover that the palm oil in the house was frozen, i became frantic and started screaming and crying, begging Daisy not to die on me as i heated the palm oil on the gas cooker. The neighbor's heard my screams and told their driver to take me to the vet, i tried to pour the clumpy oil into her mouth only to discover her mouth and teeth were clamped together. We rushed her to the vet at Ogunlana Drive but they pronounced her dead when we got there, My whole world crumbled..................................................... 

4 comments:

  1. Eya, I feel so sad now.

    Sorry for your loss. she was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad, accept my condolence. Daisy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Onikoyi-Deckon4 March 2013 at 09:04

    Ifeanyi deserves a very slow and painful death. I hope you tied him by his ankles to the back of your car and drove him around till his head wasn't attached to his body anymore!

    ReplyDelete