Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Mother
Let me start by saying on the 3rd of December 1999 my father Mr Adedamola Kayode Adedeji died in the evening.

  Three days earlier i had a dream that my father died, i rushed to my mother's room to inform her that my father died in my dream and the dream was so real i totally believed it plus the fact that all my dreams eventually comes true. When i informed my mother she smiled and told me in yoruba language that my dream was a proverb that meant long life........when she told me this, i totally believed her because to me my mother knew it all. The next day my mum bought relaxer and it was saloon time for mummy and daughter......ooooh my mum sure did know how to get me......we both retouched our hair at aunty biliki's saloon we chatted like friends all through, we even did the same hair style. We went home home all shinny faced, my brother looked at the both of us, shook his head and said to my mother with a very soft but angry voice "nibo le lo na??ebin pa mi na" meaning; where have you been all day??? i'm hungry na.........Now you know better than to talk to my mother with an unfriendly tone of voice, she gives it to you big time.........but hey we just got our groove on and when my mother gets her groove on, nobody can stop her shine......she answered my brother with a sing song voice that, she serves a beautiful God so she has to look beautiful for her God. 

On the 3rd of December 1999, we had just finished our morning prayer, i was 17 years old fresh from high school........ my father had visited us the month before, to ask me what i wanted for christmas and i told him with a big smile on my face that i wanted a Mercedes Benz SLK......the pink one i told him totally excited.......i knew he would buy it for me, only if i asked........that's to show you how much i believe in people........ My father bought me some goodies when he came to visit, he bought me underwears and gave me some money, he also assured me that i was going to get my car if and only if i believed in God......i held on to the last words that my father spoke to me.......

On the 4th of December, After our morning prayer i was busy jumping around, i was unnecessarily excited and giggly that when our door bell rang, i sang out in my sweetest voice "who be RAT" at that point my mother gave me the evil eye and mentioned that i may likely be going insane to have called a visitor a rat.......i looked at her with shame in my eyes and she told me she was sure i was totally going to get slapped at some point in the day........ it was uncle Siroma, my fathers friend and tenant.......Now when ever i see uncle Siroma it's usually good news from my father.....i was excited to see him......he handed me some goodies which i immediately started munching on......my mother gave me that side look that meant i was stupid and probably dead at the same time.....I ignored her after all uncle Siroma represented my father in some funny way.......He called out to my mother, Iya Soji, he said, Baba awon omoyi ti se alaisi oh......meaning iya Soji, the father of your children is dead.........My mother started to scream, she threw her self on the ground and screamed ADEDAMOLA KAYODE ADEDEJI MY FIRST LOVE.......Oh no she dint just say that....i stifled a giggle......my brother came out of his room in slow mo in his boxers.....i looked at him like niggar you are naked........he moved slowly as if being controlled, found the nearest wall, glued his back as if magnetized by the wall, slid slowly down with a spoilt face and a low sharp squeal escaped his throat......now that was art......i burst out in a torrent of laughter, my mother gave me the dagger eyes and i slowly entered my room.....when i was alone.....it dawned on me that my father was dead and so was my car.....oh wow Yewande......then i remembered that he said only if i believed in God, all hope wasn't lost.

I came out of my room smiling, my mother asked me with a soft and loving voice why i was laughing when the whole world was crying. My brother answered laughing "is Yewande not a mumu" and we all started laughing.....at that point i started mimicking all the drama they performed all three of us were rolling on the floor with laughter.......it's always refreshing when you can laugh at your self......

Now you see my mum is an excellent communicator, she's the kind of person you could sit with all day and edify each other.....she is highly spiritual.......my mother will only use her mouth to beautify things......now you see if you see my baby picture you will understand what i am talking about......I was such an ugly baby, Ish!!! ugly is an understatement sef. Picture a very black, ugly baby that loved to frown and cry, she used to itch her body at every given opportunity because of all the craw craw that always evaded her skin...... My mother will call me a beautiful girl every morning when i was in her womb till i grew up......She so badly wanted a baby girl that when she was pregnant she believed i was a girl, she told me she would imagine me to be all what she could not achieve.....My mother used her mouth to bring out the beauty in me. My mother taught me how to write out my feelings, she encouraged me to keep a diary, to write down everything that comes to my head. My mother believed everything i told her and would take extremely rash actions on my behalf......i learnt never to lie to her so as not to get her into trouble. My mother taught me how to read books because we share books and discuss it every evening. My mother is a stern queen whom nobody totally under stands not even i........she only sees the beauty in things and can't stand people that don't......My mother is friendly, loving, slightly open to friends but totally open to family. You are not allowed to not see the beauty in the lionesses cubs, she will tear you down........I LOVE MY MOTHER..... Mrs Anthonia Alaba Adedeji the Queen A......... Abeg my oga dey eye me for here......you will be reading more about my mother and how she has influenced my life.......... 

6 comments:

  1. Awww iya soji niyen...A great woman indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww iya soji niyen...A great woman indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Beautiful write up. God bless mama swendi...

    Sugar

    *tunz dey hia again* rme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, Mothers are just amazing, buh yewinsh u wor wor when u small walahi (giggles) , Thank God u turned out to be a beautiful Chick if not ehhhh Wahala go dey. Loool .....................
    Fibrecom's Golden girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Our mothers are blessed.

    ReplyDelete